A few months ago one of Colt’s teachers got wind of our RV trip. I overheard him talking to Colt on one of his zoom calls about our plans. Colt didn’t really know where we were going but I remember his teacher talking about White Sands.
At first it was tentatively on our plans but the more I researched the more I realized it would be a fun stop for us. One of the fun things to do on this trip is to go sledding on the dunes. I actually thought about throwing in our sleds but wasn't sure if we would have room in our RV. Now, we know we do have room. We called all the stores in Alamogordo and they were all out of sleds. So, we had to stop at the Visitor Center for sleds. Unfortunately, Brad drove right by the Visitor's Center and was in a huge line to get into the park. So, Brody, Colt & Ollie walked with me to buy some sleds.
This is a picture of us walking back.
The dunes themselves are pretty awesome and we didn't even see most of the park. About 4 miles into the park we stopped at one of their designated parking spots. It wasn't too crowded and it was the perfect place for our family.
The kids enjoyed the sledding (even thought it wasn't too fast) and also loved jumping and playing in the sand dunes. The sand was so pretty and also very different.
Climbing back up the hill was a really good workout.
It was only 55 degrees out but the sun's reflection off the white sand definitely made it a lot hotter. After a few hours we were ready to be done but we all had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment