Friday, March 12, 2021

Joshua Tree-Cottonwood

After Santa Barbara our next stop was Joshua Tree.   I had been looking for a place for our RV and was having trouble finding a spot.  I actually woke up at 4:00 in the morning a few days earlier and made a reservation.  It was one of the only spots available that wasn’t a first come, first serve spot.  Little did I know that this was the only campground on the south side of Joshua Tree.  


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qzw1E_d_OcmtzQjW2RDkROO2vIAKae5_https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WUPsHiIoCIYuspjv1hUHl3BEGEDjbCMR

Our neighbors sent us off with some Korean Bolgogi.  We were able to keep it frozen until we were ready to cook it up.    Brad cooked it up on his Camp Chef and according to the kids it is the best meat they have ever eaten!   We almost turned the RV around to go home and get more.   But our neighbors have already said they will make us some more when we return as long as we are ready to share our stories from the road. Not a bad deal.  


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13DOM772tqtdqMTBKipW5PBHYzG40HWX6

We went for a little hike and then ate dinner while the sun was setting.  It was beautiful.  

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ypxvUJi9sGPuQrRVzLw8aaxb_8VgpbM0
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1q-p-7cP9eq_XIp-oVdgcMLMfzlABzoJChttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IVk1fobu6vxO2_hnwSCM80Tgh2o-FLt8

Morning time.  

Even though this was a beautiful place Brad knew we needed to go to the north end of the park so we could explore the big rocks and see the Joshua Trees.  (there weren't any in this section). 

Brad has some amazing photos on his phone that I am having trouble downloading but I will post more of those when I get them.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You BBQ'ed the bulgogi just the right way (grill outside with fantastic view), which makes it ×haha! See you at home. Will be ready with more meat!

Unknown said...

Which makes it x times yummier (somehow my thumb pushed publish button too soon)