Thursday, March 18, 2021

We are the crazy ones!

We talked to more people....the cashier who gave us our RV spot, a guy at the gas station and our neighbor at the RV campground....and we made a decision to be one of the crazy people.  

After the worst night of sleep in our RV (thank you windstorm), Brad and I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and drove up to Carlsbad Caverns.  We arrived around 6:15 and I jumped out of the RV to get in line.  There were probably already 100 people there.  I was actually nervous that we might not get a ticket.  But I quickly started chatting with some people around me and one guy assured me we would have tickets. (He was there the day before and knew where the line ended for the 1,000 ticket capacity). 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10vz87NzRncd47GzWdo0asBzCa5Ir4Q-E
The wind hadn’t completely died down so it was windy and cold for the 2+ hours I stood in line.  Brad was back in the RV and the kids were sleeping. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13TVAdYzVgelycwN14L2IuNfYZ06T0n3h
The line in front of me. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qkz7ArD2BLgYTaQU1Fsi87jSm-PlREHk
The line behind me. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GhC6n02QzGvTN7_5BFXOVu_zvJxVdUmk
At least I saw a beautiful sunrise.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FOdHejML66Op-X5-Tzip0j8PGFXne3Hx

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

I loved Carlsbad caverns. What did you think?