Wednesday, March 31, 2021

USS Drum Submarine

As we continued our drive to Florida we heard from a friend that we should check out the USS Alabama.   We didn't realize it was right on our path.   It was a tour and a very interesting tour and all the kids enjoyed their time exploring the USS Drum submarine and the USS Alabama.  

There were also a lot of impressive planes and helicopters outside, including this stealth bomber. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1N9uh8pl2D3TUBK2q0YVyRCuDPETJ3dKshttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Yk_O34skkP5evBDarnqo7Vepbva1onWm


We started off by touring the USS Drum Submarine.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TLMfPOP-corb20Y4K7cnXTfyKuqyBp3w

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Jf6lUDuLpWmfU187nqKdRdkqFuRi6Ly3

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xh77ER1LSD0ypsFxm7k8ewnombDRAtAC

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yAx9bBhFyTxlcQcURrgu8WquSH5fpm_K


The rooms inside were so small and at one point I started to get claustrophobic. 
 I honestly can't imagine being in these cramped quarters....especially underwater. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1YOd__WjfPsG-O7wwYK8VB_963plsEQIV



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OD7GOR-gJoTSoVko05IJZtAoI7OuXdVS


This is a submarine that would hold 8 people.   There is NO way I could go in here. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=123QEWa5NSXdJ6TIyAN5vC5bA0z6Jyrbb

After the USS Drum we went over to explore the USS Alabama, a World War 2 battleship.  

No comments: