Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Westmont College

One of the things on my list in Santa Barbara was to visit Westmont. When I graduated in 2000, I went back to visit in 2001. I told myself that I would be back every 2 or 3 years because why wouldn't you want to visit Santa Barbara. Well, it's been 20 years since I was last here. So, I made my family come with me to visit. They weren't really letting visitors on campus but I contacted one of my old soccer teammates who now works at Westmont and she was able to get us past security.

My kids were lucky because we only toured a small portion of the campus. 

There is this adorable chapel on campus that I have always loved so I made the kids get a picture with me in front of it. 


We checked out the soccer fields, which have been redone since I was there.  It was still in the same area so it was fun to relive some of my memories, including 3-a-day practices in the August heat. 


 I made the kids and Brad get a picture with me in front of the Westmont College sign. 



After our visit to Westmont, we went to the beach....and the kids were much happier. 

No comments: