We headed to San Antonio so we could check two places off the list, the Alamo and the Riverwalk. I was stressing a little about how we were going to navigate the RV in San Antonio. Most of the things I read highly recommended to stay away from the city in an RV. But I found this one small discussion thread that recommended a hotel just off the freeway. We were able to find it and Brad went in to ask how much the parking cost. To our surprise, it was free if we were just going to be there for the day. It wasn't in the greatest part of town so we were a tiny bit nervous but it ended up working out really well for our adventures.
While we were trying to figure out where we were going to walk we saw this stagecoach drive by. Brad asked about the cost and where they went. She gave us a "great deal" and we got a ride to the Alamo. (Brody & Colt were a little embarrassed by the pink flowers....and you know all their friends were going to see them in San Antonio. :) ).
In order to go inside the church you have to make a reservation. We weren't this organized to do it in time but I don't think it mattered for this day. I think it would have been a little too much for the younger kids. They don't love reading about the history of places.
I really loved seeing this well and thinking about how it served so many people.
A picture next to the Davy Crockett statue.
No comments:
Post a Comment