The next morning Brad woke up and said "I have an idea." You can probably guess I had lots of different thoughts racing through my head. Since he didn't have any success finding Yooperlites he did some research and learned the very best place to actually find them are at Grand Marais....right where we already were. So, he proposed that we stay one more night. And so we did.
Brad went back into town because we needed more propane and he also wanted to get more information to help him find agates and Yooperlites. We learned there was actually an even better black light for Yooperlites. It wasn't in the store yet but we got lucky and he got them in that afternoon. Happy Father's Day Brad! He now has a high powered black light.
Once again we made the kids bundle up and help us look for rocks. It was REALLY cold but also beautiful. Our weather app said 37 degrees but it had to be much less with the wind chill.
Brad made a camp fire which didn't really keep us super warm but it was still nice to have a little heat around.
Then we went hunting. The new black light was so much better. We were looking for about 20 minutes when we found one. We were all so excited and even did a dance on the beach.
After about 20 more minutes Bo was getting too cold and wanted to go back to the RV. I couldn't blame him. It was also getting really late. Bo, Colt, Ollie and I went back.
Brad, Brody & Darby kept on looking. They were out there for at least another hour and the rest of us were already asleep when they came back. But they managed to find 3 more Yooperlites so I say it was a successful hunt. It also satisfied Brad's hunting desire....at least for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment