Friday, February 3, 2012

Date Nights

I usually have pictures to post and its mostly about the boys.  But this post is to document a little something about me and Brad.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions but I always use the New Year as a way to think about my life and things I can work on or do a little bit better.  One thing I am pretty happy about is the effort Brad and I have made to have date nights and to spend time with each other.  With our 4th baby coming in a few months I thought it would be a good time to focus on spending time with each other so I decided to a date night once a week for the month of January.    We were able to do this and really had a great time, even though the dates may seem relatively boring to those without kids.   Here is a recap of what we did (mostly so I have it documented somewhere).

Date #1 - Dinner at Ikea and browsing Ikea furniture
Date #2 - Drive to Green Lake
                Eat at Tacos Guaymas (one of our "regular" places before we were married)
                Starbucks
                Browse through the store at REI
Date #3 - Dinner with Karl & Lori at Jak's  (it was nice to go out with another couple to a fancier restaurant with no kids.  We really enjoyed the company)
Date #4 - Movie Night - Contraband
                We arrived at the movie with barely enough time to eat dinner so our dinner consisted of popcorn, pop and a pretzel. 
                Starbucks
Date #5 - University Village
                Dinner at the RAM  (we used to go to this restaurant a lot with our soccer team.  I love the RAM chips) 
                Browse stores - Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware
               Starbucks


These dates have been such a great reminder of the importance of connecting with each other.   We may not get a date night every week for a while but we know we can look forward to date nights again, sometime. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

What an AWESOME idea! Date nights are so under-rated. Talk about a recharge with uninterrupted conversation. So great!