Saturday, July 31, 2010

Letterboxing

Through various people I have heard about letterboxing but knew I had to wait a few years before I could do it with my boys. When Sean stayed with us I was thinking of things to do when I remembered this idea. I looked up some information and we went letterboxing. You can check out the details here www.letterboxing.org

We had a great time and Sean seemed to really enjoy it. Our first park was Robinswood and we found two out of the two clues we had. After we found the letterboxes we played at the playground for a little while.


Sean & Brody walking along the trail looking for a letterbox.

You can actually do this with 3 year olds if you have someone older reading the clues.  Brody loved following Sean.

The first letterbox.

The 2nd letterbox. (I asked Sean if he could see me through his hair and he assured me that he could).


We came back and had some lunch then went to Lewis Creek Park and found one of the three boxes.  Papa Bob picked Sean up that afternoon and they stopped at a park on the way home and found one more.   It is such a great activity that gets you outside and moving and there is no cost (except if you want to buy a stamp).

1 comment:

MommyBrain said...

We love letterboxing! There's one at exit 20 that is very kid-friendly!