Monday, August 2, 2010

Mr. Lamby's Birthday

Soon after we celebrated Gunner's birthday Brody declared that it was Mr. Lamby's birthday. He did not get this out of his imaginative mind so I decided to make the most of it and put a little plan together to help celebrate. (I knew I needed to when I put Brody to bed and he was upset because we didn't celebrate Mr. Lamby's birthday) The next day we made mini cupcakes, blew up some balloons and put up some streamers. I also wrapped up a present (Brody's little computer) for Mr. Lamby to open.

Since this was such a last minute party we didn't send out formal invitations. We were lucky enough to have our neighbors over for an impromptu barbecue and they were more than happy to help us celebrate.


Mr. Lamby is getting ready to blow out his candle.  (Just so you know Mr. Lamby is 4 months old - apparently 4 months in lamb years is 3 years in human years.  Ollie was also 4 months at the time)

We almost forgot about opening the present but were able to open it right before bedtime.

I just love how Brody is helping Mr. Lamby open the present.


A video of all of us singing Happy Birthday.  You can hear the chuckles in the background.  Our neighbors thought it was pretty funny to celebrate Mr. Lamby's birthday.



We had to sing one more time to Mr. Lamby. 


We are a little anxious to see when Mr. Lamby's next birthday celebration is...or when another one of Brody's animal friends has a birthday.

1 comment:

kari bell said...

cute! you just might have made that too cool though. if I were him I'd start having birthday parties for anything!