Monday, July 12, 2010

Berry Picking

A few of my friends had mentioned that they took their kids berry picking.  I always want to go but never follow through with it.   Honestly the thought of going with 3 little kids is a little overwhelming.   But I LOVE berries and LOVE to pick them (especially blackberries so they are easier to find). 

Since I was one vs. three and didn't know what to expect I asked one of our favorite babysitters to come along with us.  I picked up Ellie and we drove out to Remlinger Farms. They had strawberries and raspberries, but we decided to only pick the raspberries (they are my favorite to eat). 

Ellie was so helpful with the boys and with actually picking the berries.  The boys did great!  They ate lots of raspberries and picked a few for us to keep.

Ellie also took lots of pictures.

Colt walking down the raspberry row.

Ellie picking raspberries and Colt is looking for bugs.

Ellie & Colt


Look!  It's a picture of me...with Ollie in the frontpack and Brody walking down the row.


Colt playing with the dirt. 

Having lunch in the car.


Brody and his raspberries.


Brody playing in the dirt.
Brody describing what he is doing.



I am looking forward to blueberry picking.  Let me know if you want to join us.

No comments: