Saturday, March 10, 2012

Timberlake Park

I have been very tired lately and some days even feel a little sick (headache mostly).   But I also know that I only have less than 2 weeks until we welcome our fourth child into this world.  (Our scheduled c-section is March 21st).  So when I do have the energy and I'm feeling good I like to make the most of my time with the boys (it's also my excuse to not worry about the cleaning and the to do list). 

Yesterday I decided to go somewhere with the boys. I also needed to get out of the house.  I was originally planning on going to the library but the weather was decent (not dumping rain) so I opted for the park instead.  Brad had recently taken Colt to Timberlake Park which is very close to our house.  This is where the found a ton of bb balls (This is what we call them but they are the "ammo" for air soft guns - apparently)  


Ollie hiking down the trail.


Brody & Colt looking for bb balls.  They were so excited about how many they found.


Colt thought this tree looked like a scary monster so they posed for a picture.


Colt also showed us where the tree swing was.  I didn't let them go on it because it scared me, but Brad thinks Brody would do just fine on it.  (that's the difference between moms and dads I guess). 




Of course, Ollie wanted a picture.


We ventured all the way down to the water and the boys had fun throwing rocks and sticks into the lake.   I forgot how long of a walk it was back up to our car. 



Ollie and the bench.


The boys found these giant sticks and walked a little ways up the trail.  



I had a fun time with my boys out in the woods.  It is always a great reminder of how much kids love being outside.  I have to admit by the end of our two hour outing, I was exhausted.  The last 20 minutes of our trek back to the car I had to deal with an almost 2 year old who kept insisting on walking in the opposite direction.  Good thing he is so cute! 

No comments: