We are hours away from meeting our newest addition. I am so excited, anxious and a tiny bit nervous. The boys went to my parents house last night and I was looking forward to a good night of rest before entering sleep deprivation. Unfortunately, I hardly slept. My mind has been racing in anticipation of meeting our little baby. So to try and get it all out here are a just a few thoughts.
Pregnancy: For being my 4th one this has gone pretty smoothly. I did have nausea at the beginning but that was expected. I felt tired and a little worn out at the end but who doesn't at that point. I did feel much bigger than my other pregnancies. Partly because I ate a lot more ice cream and also because I didn't have a great fitness routine going into it. Hopefully this doesn't impact my recovery etc.
Gender: I love that we don't find out what we are having. It makes it so special, especially since I have a planned c-section. But if I was in Vegas my bets would be on another boy. I would be thrilled to have another boy. I just love being the mom to the three I have and think another one would be wonderful. If we do have a girl I know it would be good for me, but I would need a lot of prayer.
More Kids? - I don't know what the future holds but I am not ready to say this is my last baby. (although I feel like I could more easily say that this time). We will just enjoy this moment and time with this baby and make a decision when sleep deprivation isn't too bad and we can think a little more clearly.
It takes a village: I know I could not do this without the "village" that surrounds us. We are constantly supported by love and encouragement, especially through our families. They are there to help us out, send us prayers, and encourage us as we take on this wonderful journey of parenting. We are also blessed with some amazing friends who have been there to lend a hand as well. This includes neighbors who are ready to help out at a moments notice. We are forever grateful for our "village".
It's time to meet this little one. An update will be coming soon. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
A family picture of 5 (taken last night)!
Always have to have silly faces.


No comments:
Post a Comment