Monday, March 19, 2012

Brody's 5th Birthday Party

I finally decided to have a "kid" party for Brody.  In the past it has been family to celebrate his birthday.  We invited a few friends and cousins to join us to celebrate Brody's early birthday.  (His birthday is the 28th but with a baby coming I wanted to plan it before things get a little more hectic)

I decided on a LEGO theme and had great intentions to make it cute and fun.  Being 9 months pregnant (and also being frugal minded) kept me from doing a whole lot.  Nonetheless I think it turned out to be a fun party for everyone. 

Eating lunch






Making LEGO cars.  This was the best part of the party.  On one of our date nights Brad made his own car out of the bins in the LEGO store.  We then got enough pieces for every kid to make their own car.  It ended up being inexpensive and great "goody bag" for each of the kids.  And really there wasn't much more to my LEGO theme.  

Brody received this little package of moustaches so we had the kids put them on so we could take a picture.


Getting the candle ready.


Brody got this LEGO garbage truck from Annika & Ryker.  He assembled almost all of it by himself after his party was over. 


Singing Happy Birthday


*We had his party on St. Patrick's Day which is why you will notice a lot of green in the pictures.

No comments: