Friday, September 21, 2012

Talk Like a Pirate

September 19th is the International Talk Like a Pirate Day. No joke! In fact Krispy Kreme "celebrated" this holiday by giving a free donut to anyone who came in and talked like a pirate and if you dressed up like a pirate you got a dozen donuts for FREE! How could we pass up this offer? 

It was a pretty packed day so we decided to go right after Brody & Colt were done with school.  We had our pirate gear on and grabbed our donuts.  Brad actually had to leave soon after we got there to go to a cross country meet.  So, I was in the store with all 4 by myself.  (I survived even though I had to carry the box of donuts out to the car and wrangle the 4 kids)   

The kids had fun dressing up (although Ollie refused to wear a hat or bandana at the last minute) 


And how cute is this little Darby pirate! 


Yes we are a big dorky family....but I LOVE IT!  

1 comment:

CML Wife said...

I absolutely love these photos and the story. Way to embrace fun, Barquist family!