Saturday, June 2, 2012

Volcanoes!

Brody had science day at preschool and one of the big things they did was explode a volcano.  He was so excited when he got home and wanted to make another one.  We had baking soda and vinegar and I quickly made a batch of playdough.  (I'm not sure why I did this because it was only 1:30 and I already needed a glass of wine...or two...it had been one of those days.  But I did it and Brody & Colt  had a blast -- Ollie was taking a nap)



Getting the volcanoes ready.



The volcano with the homemade playdough.


Brad came downstairs to see what all the action was and reminded us that scientists need to wear protective eye wear.  So we got our goggles out in case any explosions went a little too high.  Brad also took a picture of us three. 


I didn't get any video or pictures of the actual explosions (I was too busy regulating the baking soda and vinegar).  But we now need to go buy some more vinegar and we need to think of more science experiments to do. 

No comments: