On Friday, Brad had a full day of mountain training. They learned how to use their ice ax in case someone falls. They practiced falling down the hill (doesn't that sound fun). They also walked in groups roped up to each other.
Saturday morning they left to begin their climb to Camp Muir. The wind was BRUTAL (as Brad describes it) but they made it their safely. Early the next morning they began their attempt to Summit the mountain. Brad knew at this point that they were not likely to make it to the top. This was indeed the case and they turned around at 10,800 feet due to avalanche danger.
Brad did a great job taking pictures. Sorry there are quite a few.
I was bummed for Brad that he didn't make it all the way to the top but I'm pretty darn sure he will try it again. He had a lot of fun trying out something new and we hope I can join him some day.
At the entrance to the park.




















No comments:
Post a Comment