A few weeks ago Brad came home with two St. Patrick's Day Dash shirts and two envelopes.
Me: What's this?
Brad: Oh, we are running in the St. Patrick's Day Dash.
Me: What? Really? How did that happen?
Brad: I forgot to tell you. I saw Al a few days ago and he gave us these entries and shirts. (Al was Brad's running coach and also the founder of the St. Patrick's Day Dash)
So we were signed up. I have been running fairly regularly so I wasn't very nervous about the race itself. I was more nervous about the babysitter that had to watch the boys early in the morning (the morning routine can be a little hectic with 3 boys, plus we had to move our clocks an hour forward). We decided we would wake the boys up before we left and get them changed and acquainted with someone different being there. Thankfully our babysitter survived and so did the boys.
RACE REPORT: It was rainy but not too cold. We started in the middle of the first (green) wave and were surprised at how many people we passed at the beginning (not necessarily because we were fast but more because other people were probably in the wrong starting position) Our first mile was a little slow and on a slight uphill. Brad seemed to hit a groove around the 1 1/2 mile mark and I tried to stay with him the rest of the race. (I always get frustrated because it seems so effortless for him and I am struggling just to stay with him) The 2nd half of our race was a lot faster, a little downhill, and we were just in a better running rhythm. Overall it was just a fun date to have with Brad. I hope we get a chance to do it next year too.
(We can do the race (for free) any year that we want, but lately we have been limited by being pregnant or having just had a baby. One year we ran the race with Brody in the stroller, but it was more of an obstacle course trying to get around all those people. We vowed to never race with a stroller again.)
I didn't bring my camera so I don't have any pictures but we were there.
Passing The Baton
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment