Here is where I wish we had pictures of our weekend and here is where I wish I could say that I forgot my camera so I couldn't get any pictures but instead our weekend went like this.
We went to the ferry on Thursday night to drop Brody off. He was thrilled to be spending the night there. We drove back home and put Ollie & Colt to bed. As Colt was drifting off to sleep we received a phone call from Shirley telling us that Brody had just thrown up at their house. We were a little perplexed because he had shown no signs of being sick earlier that day. About 20 minutes later Colt threw up in his bed. Two hours and 11 "throw ups" later he finally went back to sleep.
The next morning we were still determined to go to the beach. I called my dad and warned him of our previous night but he was still fine with us taking Colt & Ollie there (since Colt was acting "normal" that morning). A little later he called back and said he had changed his mind and thought it would be best to reschedule. To be honest, I was very bummed. I cried. (I think I was a little tired from the night before). Then Colt threw up his cereal and juice that he had but then he continued to eat. We convinced ourselves that he was really ok.
Brad and I decided we would still take Colt & Ollie to the beach. So we packed up a few more things and headed out the door. As we were driving south we got a phone call from Shirley telling us that Brody wasn't doing much better. He hadn't thrown up but he was still feeling sick. It was at this point that we decided we just weren't meant to have our weekend away.
Instead of sleeping in I woke up during the night to help my sick boys. Instead of good conversations with my husband about life we had conversations about the best way to clean up throw up. Instead of reading a book I watched Toy Story 2 and Cars multiple times. Instead of taking long walks on the beach I sat on the couch and snuggled with my boys. Instead of cinnamon rolls for breakfast we had crackers and chicken broth.
If having to cancel a weekend away is the worst problem in my life then I think I have it pretty darn good.
This is where we would have been (a picture taken from a few years ago).
We are all feeling better now. All the boys were sick enough to throw up. Brad felt a little sick on Sunday and so far I have been doing ok...with a few tugs of nauseousness. Hopefully this means we will be healthy for the rest of the holiday season.

1 comment:
oh Janelle, don't you just want to cry and scream all at the same time?! here's hoping you can reschedule!
Post a Comment