The weather forecast was predicting snow, but I didn't believe it (I've been through too many false hopes in my life to get too excited).
The boys wanted to do a snow dance.
They also wore their pajamas inside out and backwards and slept with a spoon under their pillow.
Apparently these ideas are from a book that Brody had read in class.
It worked.
The boys were so excited in the morning.
They didn't understand why I made them eat breakfast before they went out. It was fun to watch them make fresh tracks in the snow well before they would have been out to go to school. School was canceled for the day.
Brody & Colt were the first ones out.
We found a snowsuit for Darby.
The neighbors finally came out to play.
And play they did. They built snow forts and had a snowball fight.
Ollie and Darby were cold after an hour and wanted to go inside.
Brody and Colt stayed out for at least three hours. They had a blast!
The neighborhood fort.
Another reminder of why I'm so thankful for our home. I just love watching our neighbors play together as they make snow day memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment