Last weekend we went to my friend, Brian's wedding. Brian & Shannon were married at Kitsap Memorial State Park. It was a beautiful evening to celebrate a marriage. (We are so thankful Fafa & Grammy offered to watch all 3 boys on very short notice. We ended up taking Colt with us because he wasn't feeling very well the day before and was still very tired.)
Brian and I have known each other since he was born. Our parents have been neighbors and are still neighbors after 34 years. Growing up I thought everyone had neighbors that stayed neighbors forever. Now, I realize how valuable and wonderful great neighbors are.
Brian and I have so many great adventurous memories together.
Snow days: building epic snowmen, real igloos, giant slides, sledding down hills (usually to steep for me but never for him).
Saltwater Park: Walks, hikes, trekking through the water, climbing the cliffs
(when it was clearly marked as illegal).
Working: Selling vegetables, smashing cans, snapping green beans.
Playing: water balloon fights, swimming in our pool and at Angle Lake, cops & robbers (yep,we really did), kick the can in the dark.
Special Events: Senior Year Tolo (most laid back dance date I ever went on), running (a lot) to help me train for my first marathon.
Special Events: Senior Year Tolo (most laid back dance date I ever went on), running (a lot) to help me train for my first marathon.
Family Adventures: Camping (first time I had to dig my own hole for the bathroom), hiking, 4th of July, Almost dying when the van was stuck on a cliff in the snow. Fishing.
Brian & Shannon
(I have only met Shannon a few times, but she seems like a great match for Brian.
I'm so happy he has found someone. )
Brian and his mom, Mary Jo.
I was able to snap a picture of me & Brian before we had to leave. I wish we were able to stay the entire time but I am so thankful I was able to celebrate this special day with him. It is so wonderful to know that my family can be part of his new family.



No comments:
Post a Comment