Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Having fun without Mommy




Today Brody joined his cousin, Abi and our friend Gunnar Tegman for a trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Colt had his 2 month checkup (more on that later) so we had to stay behind. I am pretty comfortable leaving Brody with just about anyone. It's not that I don't love my boy I just know he is pretty easy going and isn't hard to take care of. However, today I was a little sad that I wasn't going to be with him when he went to the pumpkin patch. I knew he was in good hands and was going to have a super fun time but I wanted to be with him to experience this again. I also came to the realization that now with 2 boys in our lives there are going to be moments and things that I miss out on in their lives. It's one of the hard things about being a mom, knowing that you won't be able to go with them to their senior prom. :) Brody did bring his pumpkin home and every time he picks it up he says "pumpkin patch." We are hoping to go to the pumpkin patch as a family this weekend.

No comments: