We left Homer and had about a 5 hour drive back to Anchorage. We stopped in Soldotna for lunch.
After lunch I suggested we stop at Prospector John's Gold Panning. It was a place I had researched and was hoping to do while we were in Cooper Landing but I also didn't want to overschedule us. So I said let's just stop by to see what it is about.
When we got there we met Prospector John and he told us what options we had. We could stay and buy a bag of gold and pan for it at their location or we could take a 2 hour boat ride to see their claim and pan for gold out there. The only problem is he could only take 6 people. Jeff, Tracey & Chase were fine staying back and I said I would stay back too. Brad took the kids on this adventure. I was nervous that it would be a waste of money and time.
When they got back I asked Brad how it was and he said "Awesome! I wish it was longer and I wish you all could have come with us."
Prospector John driving the boat to the claim.
Specks of Gold in the gold pan.
This was from Tracey and I panning for gold back at their shop.
This is part of their claim.
Prospector John showing them some ways they used to mine for gold.
Prospector Steve lives at the claim 6 days a week helping with the tourists and also mapping out places where they have discovered gold.
They all got a chance to pan for gold from the actual claim.
This is exactly what Brad wanted.
And they all found some gold.
Group Photo. Prospector Mike is at the bottom. He was also there to help.
Even though I missed out on this adventure I am so glad the rest of my family was able to experience it and it was such a nice end to our Alaskan adventure.



















No comments:
Post a Comment