Brad had to work so Karl and I were left with the planning of the days. He wanted to take them hiking, maybe to Poo Poo Point. I was on board with the idea but apparently we were the only ones who wanted to do that. Honestly, the kids would have been completely happy to stay at home but Karl and I were anxious to get them outside and away from the house.
The kids voted for Luther Burbank because it had a good park for playing ball tag.
After running around the park for an hour we decided to walk to the beach. A much longer walk than I remembered. Thankfully there were LOTS of Blackberry bushes along the way and the kids enjoyed picking them.
The kids played in the water then covered Annika & Ryker in sand. They both ended up with Mermaid Tails.
Karl and I were anxious to get back to the car since it was WAY past lunch time. But it took another hour since the kids kept picking blackberries and then decided to fill their water bottles with them. We used them to make a blackberry pie that evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment