Monday, August 19, 2019

Backpacking

We were able to find a weekend to go backpacking with the Hodo Family.  We weren't sure where we were going to go and finally settled on Pete Lake.  It was the same place Brad and I went just a few weeks ago.  I wasn't too excited because I was hoping for something very different.  But this just seemed to be the best. 

The hike in was about 4 miles, mostly flat.  For the most part the kids did very well.  Bo & Ollie were both complaining about heavy packs by the end of the hike.  I can't say I blame them. 








 Once we found a spot we happily settled in. 

Our first day was beautiful.   Little did we know that we would have a downpour that same night. 

Around 3:00 in the morning it started raining.  It was dumping and didn't stop until 9:00.   I laid in our tent wondering if it would leak and then what in the heck we would do with a rainy campground.

Thankfully, Brad set up a tarp and Dan set up another one so we were on our way to drying out. 

We also had to lay out all our gear.  Thankfully the sun came out and dried most of it up.


Through all the rain the kids had amazing attitudes and hardly stopped with their adventures. 

They whittled sticks, played Rush and hung out by the campfire. 
 


 We had such a great time and I can't wait until we get to go next year.










Drying out all our gear.  It looked like a giant yard sale.










No comments: