They have been doing some work in our neighborhood on our gas lines. Replacing them, I think. It was finally our turn for our cul-de-sac. It's fun to have the construction crew out there but after about 2 hours I would be happy if they left. At least they are all VERY nice people.
I was sitting outside when I started to hear some commotion. One guy was yelling at another and I knew something was up. That's when I saw water gushing up out of the hole they had just filled.
Long story...
...the water pipe broke.
They called in the city and they got to work fixing it which meant we had no water for 3 or 4 hours. Brad and I are still surprised how many times our kids had to go to the bathroom in that short amount of time.
Thankfully our water is back and yet another reminder of how fortunate we are to live where we do.
The trucks blocked our driveway so we couldn't go anywhere, but they also provided some great entertainment.



No comments:
Post a Comment