Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mom of the Year Points

I've been working hard to earn my points for Mom of the Year. But I keep failing. One example was when I neglected to do any back to school shopping. I asked Brody if his shoes were too small. He said "no, they still fit." I didn't bother. The 2nd day of school he came home and said his pinky toes were hurting him. So I checked to see where his toes were, right up to the very edge of the shoe.


The other example happened just a few nights ago.  Darby was walking around with a hat on her head.  And since she likes to do everything her brothers do she put it over her eyes and started walking.   I told her to take it off her eyes and she didn't.  She seemed to be navigating quite well so I thought she could see.  Well, apparently she didn't see because she ran smack into our window seat and did quite a number on her four front teeth.  (thankfully Brad was home to deal with the blood). 

The next morning I called the dentist and he recommended I bring her in.  My neighbor was already scheduled to watch the 3 kids to give me a break.  But now with an appointment my "break" was spent driving to and from the dentist's office. 

As soon as I got to the dentist I opened the door to have Darby throw up all of her breakfast.   Since this is my 4th child and time is a little more precious I was not about to turn around or reschedule my appointment.   I knew it was just car sickness and a tummy full of yogurt that was the trigger.   So I cleaned her up and went to put on the change of clothes only to discover all I had in the backpack was a pair of Ollie's shorts.  

We walked into the office, my cute little "pink" girl, with no shirt and boy shorts on.  You should have seen the look on their faces when I said "she just threw up that is why she has no clothes."   Thankfully they know me well enough.   Just not sure about getting any points for  "Mom of the Year." 

 


I'm happy to report Darby's teeth appear to be ok.  She still has lots of bruising around her gums but seems to be chewing on things normally.   I'm also happy to report that she returned home and put on her own clothes.  

1 comment:

kari bell said...

I'm right with you on "mom of the year". Kristen was napping on the bed, Justin went to check on her and asked "why is she doing tummy time on the floor?" oops!!

Gotta love the Craigs!