Monday, June 10, 2013

Lake Kachess Camping

Brad has been itching to go camping. With the weather forecast this past weekend we made a last minute trip to Lake Kachess. We had never been to this camping place so we were looking forward to trying something new.   This campground is located just on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass.  As we were driving I got a phone call from my brother (he knew we were headed over there).   He asked where we were and I told him we were almost to his house (on the Pass).  He said "quick get off the next exit."   I wasn't sure why, because it isn't like him to be so serious about inviting us to his place. 

His phone call came at the perfect time.  Less than 2 miles from where we got off was a HUGE accident that blocked all lanes of traffic.  Cars were stuck and people were out of their cars with their children and dogs just waiting.   Jason told us of a back road that would take us to Lake Kachess.  We were able to go on the dirt road (it was an adventure) but it eventually got us to the campsite. 

Eating dinner


Darby loved it!  

Hanging out by the campfire. 




Doing what boys do best...digging in dirt.


Brad and his kids.  
Such a beautiful place.



Doing some exploring.





The kids love camping.  There is so much to explore and I love watching their imaginations.  

No comments: