Friday, December 7, 2012

Gingerbread Men

I am attempting to do some type of Christmas activity with the boys. Last year I did an advent calendar with activities but I found it ineffective. Plus the boys didn't seem to notice. Maybe next year I will try the calendar again. Anyways, I decided we would make gingerbread men to go along with our Christmas book that we opened for the day.   

I did this during Ollie's rest/nap time.  (thankfully)   

Brody & Colt loved it. 






Ollie was done with his rest in time to decorate the cookies.  

They did a surprisingly good job.  I think next year I might invest in some more recent frosting and decorations (I am not quite sure how old this stuff is but so far no one has gotten sick) 





I let them eat their gingerbread men and half way through I realized it was a BIG cookie.   It was also close to dinner time.   Oh well, a mom can't be successful all the time. 

No comments: