Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chasing Butterflies

You may think I am a little psycho but this video brings little tears to my eyes. There really is nothing much to it. It's just Colt holding a small little net (from a fish tank) and using it to try and catch a butterfly. 

I did not tell him to do this.  I didn't point out the butterfly. 

In fact, Colt never knew I was watching him.

In his own sweet innocence Colt went to chase a butterfly.
And these are the moments of a child.
I want to continue to embrace these days watching these sweet children of mine.  
That is why there are still tears in my eyes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Makes me tear up too! I think this is an example of why Jesus loved children and why he reminds us to think and have a heart of a child. No one told him he could or could not catch that butterfly so he went after it. If we could all only be so bold. These quiet summer afternoons (or loud if you're at my house) are to be savored. I love the uninterrupted play and exploring.