In all honesty I am always excited about the chance to have a little break from being a full time mom. I love my boys but it is a great way to "recharge". I especially love it when I get the opportunity to spend time with Brad since finding that time can be challenging. This time I was just as excited to have a weekend away and especially to be able to enjoy this time and this honor with Brad.
This time I was quite surprised by how much I missed my boys. It seemed to be in a different way. I would often think about what they would be doing if they were experiencing the same things we were; the flight, meeting people, the banquet, watching Brad speak, the football game, hanging out with the Barnetts. (I know some of these things would have been hard with them around, but I especially think Brody & Colt would have had a blast).
Needless to say I was so excited to see them again and they were excited to see us. (We are so thankful they were in great care)
When we arrived home Brad had this sign at our front door. I took a few pictures.
The boys were excited to wear Brad's medal.




No comments:
Post a Comment