Friday, May 22, 2009

Practicing New Tricks

During Colt's afternoon nap I heard him making some unusual noises. He wasn't crying but was awake after a very quick snooze. I went to check on him and looked in to see him sitting up in his crib! This is the first time that he has pulled himself up to a sitting position. He looked back at me with a smile on his face and it was accompanied by a nice aroma in the air.

After I changed his diaper I put him back down to go to sleep. Within 15 minutes he was making the same noises so I went in to check on him and sure enough he was sitting up again.

This evening he was having a tough time going to bed. We let him cry for a little while but he wasn't falling asleep. I went in to check on him and he was STANDING up in his crib. (I'm so glad I started putting the railing up) These are only signs that full mobility is right around the corner.

1 comment:

The C & H Life said...

OMG! Holden rolled himself into a sitting position yesterday! But Colt took it a step further - Standing? Seriously? GO COLT!!!! Next thing you know he'll be climbing out of his crib!