Monday, December 8, 2008

Tree Hunting

Last Saturday morning was dedicated to finding our Christmas tree. When I say finding I mean finding. We had the best of intentions to go back to the friendly tree farm we visited last year in North Bend. As we were getting the boys packed up Brad asked "Hey, do you think there are any trees on your parent's property?" I don't know but we could always ask. A brief phone call to my parents and brother revealed that there were in fact trees, but it was unknown how good of Christmas trees they would be. We decided we had nothing to lose and ventured on up to North Bend. Uncle Jason was kind enough to lead us around the property looking for trees. I had Colt in the front pack carrier and Brody was carried most of the time by daddy or Uncle Jason. We searched hard for our perfect Christmas tree. The ones we did find were looking like Charlie Brown's tree. We weren't sure if the lights or ornaments would break the branches. After 2 hours of searching we decided to move on and went 1/4 mile down the road to an actual tree farm. It was there that Brody and daddy found our Christmas tree. Colt was having his lunch in the car. On Sunday we put the lights and ornaments on the tree and are excited to have decorations up for the Christmas season. What a fun time of year!

No comments: