Wednesday, July 23, 2025

Ragnar Race Report

I have done a few relay races over the years and unfortunately missed out on participating last year. They asked me again if I would be interested. Even though we don't have a "free" weekend in the summer I knew I had to give up something if I wanted to do this.  I was really looking forward to a weekend away.  I wasn't so excited about the actual running part.   

 

We took the ferry over to Whidbey Island.  We stopped for lunch then explored the town a little before heading to our AirBnB.   



 


We met up with another team for dinner.  It was fun to meet them briefly because then we were able to cheer them on during the race.  


We started at 5:30 in the morning.  I had the 3rd leg.   My first run was 3.1 miles.  It was ok.  Not as good as I was hoping but I managed to finish.  

My 2nd run was 6.8 miles and it was around 1:00 and in a lot of sun.   I made sure I took a few walk breaks because I was a bit concerned about overheating.  (If I was in better shape I probably would not have been so concerned).   

I finished and it felt like such a big accomplishment especially since my training hasn't been wonderful. 

 









Getting ready for the exchange. 





 

No comments: