Monday, January 29, 2024

Grandma Joyce

Early Saturday morning, Great Grandma Joyce finally went home to see Jesus. We are sad to lose her this side of heaven but happy she is where she has wanted to be for a while now.   These last few months she was waiting patiently to meet Jesus.  

Jenny, Jessi & and I were able to visit with her over Christmas Break.  Although she was getting weaker she was still able to talk to us clearly.  We are so thankful for this time we had with her. 

We have many wonderful memories of Grandma Joyce and she has many great stories of raising 4 boys. 

 

A few things I will remember.....

Her christmas letters were signed with Always learning, always moving, always praying.   She did this for so long until her body started failing her.  She volunteered at the library, church and many other places.  She read lots of books and did crossword puzzles to keep her mind sharp.  And I have no doubt she was praying until the end.    

Her love for Jesus and her desire to learn more about him was evident until her last days.  I was able to visit with her a few weeks ago and she had the sermon notes from her church.  She had a laugh about how the notes were to be used while she listened to the sermon online but she would get them in the mail after the sermon was over.   

She sent birthday cards and an anniversary card every year without fail.  In each of these cards she included a $5 or $10 bill.  The kids were always so excited.   (This last year she finally decided she couldn't keep up with the demand anymore)  I still don't know how she was organized enough to get them to us on time and remember.   


A few pictures I was able to find....both with my grandpa who passed away in 2005. 



No comments: