Thursday, November 2, 2023

Neuroscience

Brody's Psychology class had a field trip to the UW neuroscience department. They needed chaperones and I asked Brody if it would be ok if I came. He didn't hesitate much and said it would be good if I came. I know this doesn't happen all the time so I am so thankful I was able to go and was also wanted. 
 
The students listened to a lecture by a neuroscience professor and then they participated in some different experiments that explored how our brain perceives different things.  
 
This was a table with different brains from different animals. 


This was a reaction experiment that Brody actually did for a science fair back in 3rd or 4th grade.  I didn't get a picture of Brody doing it but took this one. 


After the lecture we went on a tour of the campus.   Brody enjoyed seeing all the things.




This was by far the easiest field trip I have ever chaperoned.   The students were all so great!

 

No comments: