Monday, October 30, 2023

Sunrise Hike

The kids had last Monday off school for a teacher in-service day. Sometime after 10:00 on Sunday night Colt asked me if I could take him and his friends to Rattlesnake so they could do a sunrise hike. Since I was mostly asleep I said yes. (Usually I say "no" but when it comes to getting my kids outside I try to answer with a "yes". We woke up at 5:00 Monday Morning (which is early for me). As we were getting ready Colt informed me that one of his friends could only go if I went hiking too. (I was actually planning on taking a rest day and hanging out at a coffee shop). But it didn't take too much convincing for me to agree to the hike. So I joined this crazy group of teenage boys. I tried to not hike with them and stayed back just far enough to still see their flashlights...and also so they could see mine.

I love that they want to be adventurous like this but next time I am going to have one of my friends come with me. 












 

No comments: