Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Biopsy

I had my first mammogram a few months ago.   There was a spot that they were worried about so I went in for a second screening.   I heard this was pretty normal so I wasn't too concerned.    

When I went in for the 2nd imaging they told me the spot they were watching needed to have a biopsy.  This is when I started to get a little concerned.   After a few tears I pulled myself together and put things into perspective.  I knew there was nothing I could do but be patient until we had the results. 

I had the biopsy the morning we left for Moclips.    Other than the doctors easily touching and squeezing my skin it was a simple procedure.   

A few days later I received the results that the mass was benign.   What a relief!   I will just need to go in every 6 months for the next few years so they can keep an eye on the spot.  

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1V2zpNcdYRxYW8PDYxq6HOmUj7ymqcs2p


No comments: