They won their first game then lost their next two, although could have had another win. They were 3rd in their bracket so they played on Saturday for the elimination bracket. We were told there was a very little chance they would play on Sunday, but wouldn't you know it they won both of their Saturday games and I had to change our flights.
On Thursday Colt went with a few of his teammates to the College World Series. I decided not to go and felt a tad bit guilty but later learned it was actually a boring game with the final score being 1-0 and very few defensive plays. Plus it was SO hot!
They had a big event for the tournament where they burned these bats with fireworks and explosives, only in Omaha.
The Wildcats lost in the semi-finals in a very disappointing way. They were ahead 5-1 in the bottom of the 7th but the other team was able to tie it up. The other team ended up winning in extra innings. Overall, I think the trip was great for this team. The boys had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know some of the parents. I do wish Brad was able to join us too.
Go Wildcats!
Just a little tired from the week. Early morning games and they weren't exactly in bed super early. Too much fun hanging out with teammates.

















No comments:
Post a Comment