Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Relay time

It was time for another relay.  I was able to participate in a relay race again.  This is the same one I have been doing for a few years.  Two of our runners couldn't participate so we had two new runners join us, one of which was my good friend and running buddy, Jen.  It was fun to have her along so she could experience a relay race too.  

It was a bit of a drizzly day but was actually quite warm.  Other than the downpour for our last two runners it was perfect running weather.   

My first leg was a little over 7 miles with lots of hills and turns but it wasn't too bad.  I finished feeling pretty good about that leg.  I had about 6 hours before my 2nd leg.   

My second leg was just over 7 miles and a little bit shorter than the first.  It wasn't as hilly but after 2 miles I felt the lack of training for a 14 mile day.  I had to use a LOT of mental energy to get through the distance.   The one upside is I was the first runner so I was done before everyone else and I was able to sit back and relax as the rest of them finished. 

And of course after we were done we went back for tacos and margaritas. 

It was a nice weekend away and I'm thankful I get to have these little adventures. 


Jan, Peggy, Kelly, Me, Tiffany, Shea, Jen
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RvHs6M0UePoWjqsMvko9L2X2Msv7OxuGhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1a3L0Haqv94HI2CLQioyvqdU2tzIheouehttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IWy4_g28LxhUtOfKsx7BzNWzFzLIP1EAhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ggpeqHcHaRzDFuLNeJGYPsGnpbQvZ3LUhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pfam4-6yshuuksDnnVf1CtA50NfCGDSUhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vpmEy66sT2G-w2SIndtpXohZSF07QaPa

No comments: