Sometime after college or maybe near the end of my college years I wrote down my "Bucket List". I remember writing these things down and even though I didn't save the paper I can remember everything on my list. In no particular order....
Work at Disneyland
Get Married
Swim with Dolphins
Live in Australia
Run a marathon
Complete a triathlon
Climb a Mountain
Build a House
Write a children's book
This last weekend I checked another item off my list.
A recap of our weekend.
We had a last minute glitch in our childcare plans but thankfully with the help of my cousins Carissa, Cameo & Joe and also Brian and Angie we made it happen.
We left friday morning and drove to the Ranger Station and then to the trail head.
Trailhead = 3,360 feet
It took us about 3 hours to get to base camp.
Dan & Jen eating a snack when we got to base camp.
Part of our time up there is learning how to self arrest. Arnie gives us some tips and then we practice on the slope. Thankfully I didn't have to self arrest during this climb.
Jen practicing her self arrest.
After dinner we got ready for bed even though the sun was still shining. I was tired and I knew I needed to rest as much as possible because our wake up call was going to be at midnight.
Brad and I laid in our tent and neither of us got much sleep. I do know Brad did sleep a little because I heard him snoring.
No comments:
Post a Comment