A long, long time ago...almost 17 years ago now I went on an adventure to Australia. There are so many wonderful things I could write about but I will stick to the present day. While I was there I lived with the Cameron family for 3 1/2 months. Their daughter, Hannah, was 9 (and turned 10) when I was there. She was a musical prodigy as I listened to her play the piano and compose her own songs. So it was absolutely no surprise when I heard she was in a band and they were on a US tour. The best part was they were stopping in Seattle.
I asked my friend, Renee, who was also an Australian connection (she now lives here and we go to the same church) if she wanted to come along. Thankfully she did.
Renee and I wanted to get there early but didn't realize the doors didn't even open until 8:00. We were there at 6:50. So we stopped at a cupcake shop and had cupcakes and tea. We probably should have had a glass of wine, but we are getting old.
It was so nice to just hang out with Renee.
Hannah was able to meet us just before they started their show. They weren't supposed to start until 10:00 and I contemplated leaving early. But I didn't. And I'm so glad I stayed around. It was such a joy to watch her. She has such a gift for music and it is fun to see her use her gift. More importantly she is just as sweet as I remember her from many years ago. Another reason I am thankful for social media and the ability to reconnect with very dear people in my life.
Her band is called Middle Kids and their top hit is Edge of Town.
You can follow this link to watch their video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFWqLLaMOFs





No comments:
Post a Comment