Friday, May 29, 2015

Red Peppers

We invited some friends over for a memorial day BBQ.  We put together our menu and shopping list and I went to the grocery store.   Later I realized I forgot some red peppers.  Since Brad was at track practice I sent him a message to pick some up.   


Being the creative, thoughtful man that he is, Brad came home with a variety of peppers.  One of each: red, green, yellow, orange.  

While this is great and colorful it was not what I asked for. (see text message above).   I wasn't sure how to react/respond so I very sweetly asked him what in my text message he did not understand.   

In true Brad fashion, he defended his pepper choice.  While I understand some of what he was thinking I still did not get my two red peppers.   So, our guests had kebabs with orange, yellow and green peppers.  The other red pepper was used for something else.   

In the end it was not a big deal and no one really cared.  But in the moment it was a glitch in our communication/marriage/relationship.   Thankfully we can laugh about things like this and its such a good reminder that marriage (and any relationship) is always a work in progress and will never be perfect.   Hopefully we can always approach these conflicts/miscommunication with grace, forgiveness and a little bit of humor.  


P.S. Brad made a public apology to our guests for their lack of red peppers.  

No comments: