Thursday, October 2, 2014

Push Up Contest

As we were finishing dinner our conversation turned to how strong Brad's upper body is because of all the physical work he has been doing lately. So, I decided to challenge him to a push up contest. Now, I have NEVER had strong arms (I was a soccer player). But lately I have been doing more upper body work (i.e. push ups). So I'm proud of the progress I have made. It's not much but its a lot to me.  The more we talked about the contest the more I knew Brad would CRUSH me.  But I didn't care.  I wanted to see how many he could do and I wanted to see how many I could do. 

Brad went first. 


He did 35 in a row.  Then stopped. 


Then it was my turn. 
(Smiling before) 



I did 20.  (I knew I could do 10 but didn't know how many more I could do)
  Brad said I had good looking push ups. 



And of course the kids were excited for our contest. 

Brody did 30 and Colt did somewhere around 30.  They were excited to beat me.  

It was a fun little event and a reminder of the competitive nature of our relationship (and family).

Now I have something to work on. 
 

No comments: