I learned that Seahawks and Starbucks were teaming up to raise some money. I have an addiction to Starbucks and a LOVE for the Seahawks so I was excited to learn of this event. There were 10 Starbucks in the greater Seattle area that were going to have a Seahawk player working as a Barista. I looked up the locations and saw that there were two relatively close by. I also looked at the list of players and knew half of them. So, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to make the effort to go. After a few text message exchanges with my sister I decided to give it a shot.
We drove down to the Renton Starbucks which is right by their practice facility. I was so excited to see the sign for Russell Okung. (Pete Carroll or Steven Hauschka were also on the list and I would have been excited for them too).
We arrived around 2:03 (the event was from 2 - 3) and there was already a line. So, we waited and waited and waited. It really wasn't that long but when you have 4 kids it seems like a LONG time. At one point Ollie had to go to the bathroom (even though I made him go right before we left). We were only a few people back from the register when Bo started to get really fussy. It was nap time after all.
I ordered my drink and got the kids a treat. They were happy to get a picture with Russell Okung. He gave them all high fives and then signed my cup, my card and Jessi's new Seahawk card.
It was hectic. I wish Brad and Brody would have been there. But it was still a lot of fun. The only bummer is these pictures didn't turn out as clearly as I had hoped.
No comments:
Post a Comment