Thursday, February 6, 2014

Superbowl Victory Parade

Brad has very good memories of going to the victory parade when the Sonics won the NBA championship. So, even before the Superbowl we knew we would take the boys to the Seahawks parade. We wanted to create a memory for them and boy did we create a memory. 

After finally finding someone to watch Darby & Bo (because I wasn't going if I had to take one of them), we were able to leave our house at 9:00 and drove to the Issaquah Transit Center.  We got there at 9:15. 

There were a lot of people. 
So we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

2 1/2 hours later we finally boarded a bus to the city.  We got there a little after 12:00.   It was busy, crowded, crazy and insane.  Everything I expected it to be. 

We had a quick potty break and lunch and then headed out to the masses. 




One of the helicopters in the sky. 


People were standing up on awnings. Crazy! 


A nice gentleman offered to put one of the boys on his shoulders so they could see better.  That was nice so then Brad and I could hold the other two boys. 


Ollie had the toughest time since he was getting really cold.  
Then in the middle of the parade he had to go to the bathroom, really bad. 
So we went.  That was the end of the parade for us. Brad, Brody & Colt finished watching the parade and met us back at the bathroom.


After a quick snack we went to find our bus back to Issaquah.  We were on a wild goose chase standing at wrong signs and getting misinformation about where our bus should be.  3 hours later we finally got on a bus to Issaquah.  We were cold & tired.  



A little video of Brad trying to keep the kids warm.


The boys were troopers.  Although they were cold and we did a lot of standing and walking, they rarely complained.  It was definitely not what we expected but I am very glad that we went.   Next year we are just going to have a better plan of navigating everything (and we definitely are not going to ride the bus).   

(I also had a hard time thinking about Darby & Bo.  I ended up having 4 different people watching them since I thought I would be home by 2.)  


No comments: