Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mis-Communication

The other night I was VERY tired. The kids were in bed and I had finished feeding Bo. I laid him down in the bassinet and crawled into bed.  A few minutes later he started stirring and fussing.  I knew he probably needed to be burped again but I was SO tired.  I sent Brad a text (because he was downstairs and I didn't even want to get out of bed)

Here is a little sample of our communication. 

After he asked if I was being funny I started to fume a little.  I put the phone down after my response and didn't check it for a few minutes.  In the meantime Bo was getting more agitated and started crying.   I looked at my phone again because I didn't understand why Brad was not coming upstairs to help out.   

I looked at my phone again and realized I had sent my sister the message.  


Bless her!  She was already in her car ready to drive to my house (an hour and a half away) to get Bo.  And of course she was wondering why in the world I needed her to get him.  Just about every possible scenario was going through her mind.  I can only imagine.    

Brad finally came upstairs and I told him what had happened.  Fortunately we were able to laugh about it because I certainly wasn't laughing a few minutes earlier.  Yet another joy of being a parent and being a wife.  


No comments: