Friday, July 19, 2013

Mt. Adams


A group from our church decided to train for and climb Mt. Adams this summer.  Brad wasn't able to make very many training hikes but did climb to the summit with the group.  His first day of hiking wasn't very good.  He developed blisters and had a pack that was too heavy.   He also was missing me.  (there were a lot of couples in this group)  I wanted to climb this too but figured being 6 months pregnant and trying to summit a mountain wouldn't be the best decision.

Mt. Adams



The Van with half of the hikers and gear.

The beginning of the hike




The tents where they camped overnight.

Night view from base camp with crescent moon.  Lovely!

The group at base camp

Brad climbing to the summit.

A look at Mt. St. Helens

At the Summit




The Group at the Summit

After they reached the summit they were able to glissade down which saved them a lot of time and energy.  It also was a lot of fun. 
Brad is in the middle of the picture at top. 





I was really bummed to have missed this but I know there will be a day when Brad and I can summit a mountain together.  I'm so thankful he was safe but also had a great experience.  

No comments: