Tomorrow we are going to the hospital to have our 3rd baby. Brody was born via emergency c-section which required Colt to be born by a c-section and this baby will be born tomorrow the same way. While I still struggle with not ever experiencing a "normal" birth I am thankful for my healthy babies and a healthy body that can have more than one baby.
Another plus to having c-sections is the ability to plan for help and knowing by a certain time the baby will born. On March 11th at 12:30 the procedure will begin and our baby will born within 30 minutes or so. I'm so excited!
A few answers to questions I often get.
Since I don't know the gender, what do I think it will be?
At first I thought it was a girl since I had different cravings and a few other symptoms that were different than the boys.
Now that I am almost done with this pregnancy I think it's a boy. I seem to be carrying the same way and the heartbeat has been the same as the other two.
Do you want a boy or girl?
I've answered this before but I will be very happy with either one. I absolutely love my boys and could easily add another one. A girl would help me become a better mother (at least that is what I tell myself) Plus it would make my mom very happy (since she only has 7 grandsons right now).
Will the boys share a room?
Eventually they will. Right now Brody doesn't take a nap every day. He still has some "rest" time in his bed during his usual nap time. If they were in the same room neither one of them would go to sleep and all I will want for the next few months is knowing that at least they are both quietly in their rooms.
Are you nervous?
I am most nervous or anxious about the sleep deprivation that I will be getting in the next few months. As for the c-section itself I have now been awake for one of them so I know what to expect. (I was not awake with Brody so I was nervous when I had Colt's scheduled c-section)
Closing thoughts...
I am continually amazed by the wonderful support we are surrounded by. Our family is wonderful and willing to help out anytime it is needed. We have friends who share in our excitement and continue to support us through all parts of life. Running friends, soccer friends, childhood friends, church friends, former teaching colleagues, my MOPS group, my PEPS group and our neighbors are absolutely amazing. We are truly blessed in many ways and so excited to add to our family.
We are thankful to God for all that he has blessed our family with.
Passing The Baton
2 years ago
2 comments:
Lump in my throat ...
So excited for you! You are an amazing mother and a very good friend. I am so glad Sunny Hills brought us together and we continue to be a positive force in each others lives.
Blessings to you and your family. Tomorrow is a big day ... and I cannot wait to meet her (that's my guess).
Janelle -
I had no idea you were expecting a 3rd! Wow, Mama! You're an amazing woman to have three so close in age. Congratulations. Good luck today.
Post a Comment