Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebrating Mommy's Birthday

Originally Brad was going to be on a business trip on my birthday. I don't like it when he is gone but I had mentally prepared myself. My first thought was to spend my birthday with my parents, since it was also my mom's birthday. But then I found out they were going to be out of town visiting my sister. I resigned myself to thinking that my birthday would be spent with just the boys. I was excited when Brad told me he canceled his trip and I would now be able to celebrate some of my birthday with him.




It was a pretty typical "mom" day. I woke up with the boys. I fed them breakfast, cleaned up breakfast and got them ready to go to a playdate. After the playdate we stopped by Brad's office to visit him. We went back home and all took naps. Brad came home early from work so it was nice to spend a little time with him before he left for his ski racing. Brody, Colt and I had made cupcakes. Plus my friend brought over carrot cupcakes for my birthday.


Brody waiting patiently for his cupcake.



Colt trying to eat my cupcake.



My special plate. Brad reminded me that I'm special every day...not just my birthday.


Colt enjoying his cupcake.



Brody & Brad singing Happy Birthday. I think they sang it at least 5 times. The annoying noise is from the birthday candle. (This candle was accidently thrown in the trash last year and Brad heard it singing. He spent a long time looking for it. It still works)

No comments: